Please ring for test results in the afternoon after 2pm. By then the incoming mail will have been seen by the doctors. Results will only be given to the patient concerned or to the parents or guardians of young children. There may be occasions when you are asked to attend surgery for results.
You can also view your blood test results on the NHS App (we recommend you do this rather than call the surgery).
About the NHS App
The NHS App allows you to access a range of NHS services. You can download the NHS App on your phone or tablet. You can also access the same services in a web browser by logging in through the NHS website.
You must be aged 13 or over to use the NHS App. You also need to be registered with a GP surgery in England or the Isle of Man. Find out more about who can use the NHS App.
What you can do with the NHS App
You need to prove who you are to get full access to the NHS App. With full access you can:
- order repeat prescriptions and nominate a pharmacy where you would like to collect them
- view your GP health record to see information like your allergies and medicines (if your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results)
- register your organ donation decision
- choose how the NHS uses your data
- view your NHS number (find out what your NHS number is)
- use NHS 111 online to answer questions and get instant advice or medical help near you
Before proving who you are, you can use the NHS App to:
- search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments
- find NHS services near you
Depending on your GP surgery or hospital, you may be able to use the NHS App to:
- message your GP surgery or a health professional online
- contact your GP surgery using an online form and get a reply
- access health services on behalf of someone you care for
- view and manage your hospital and other healthcare appointments
- view useful links your doctor or health professional has shared with you
- view and manage care plans
Keeping your data secure
To access the NHS App, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. Your NHS App then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to your NHS App each time, instead of using a password and security code.
The NHS App is available on iOS and Android:
Download from itunes app store
Download from Google Play
You can also use the NHS website